9, నవంబర్ 2009, సోమవారం

Piligrimage of Humanity

“Real happiness is serving others.” This saying always inspires me a lot.
In my childhood I enjoyed it in practice without knowing its meaning. During my childhood days, my father, Sri Narasimha Rao and mother Smt Ratnavali always took me to serve in eye camps conducted by Satya Sai Seva Samithi. My father used to say “it is a great thing to serve humanity by helping the needy in their hardships than going to school and studying”. He always encouraged me in service activities of the needy and singing Bhajans in rural villages.

I used to serve all seven days in Surgical Eye camps taking care of the male patients in the camp where I cleaned them with dettol water, washed their bed pans etc. and in the evenings I sang Bhajans for them. On the final day of the camp, the patients used to come up to me and thank me for all my help during their stay at the camp. I was incredibly happy to see them leave with regained sight. I have served thousands of patients and although I do not remember their names and faces I do remember their love….
To me, their sight is important.
Their bright future is important…and
I enjoyed the spirit of “real happiness is serving others”.

During my recent trip to USA from 23rd Oct to 2nd November I experienced similar feelings of “real happiness is serving others”.

I performed my Telugu ghazal show for
A fund raiser concert for the “Indo-American Eye care Organization of USA” in Denver, on 24th of September2009, to support the Pushpagiri Eye Hospitals in Andhra Pradesh. Proceeds will be spent for under privileged children’s eye care in AP. Many Telugu people gathered in Denver for this great cause. I sincerely appreciate Mr sudhakar Reddy, Mrs Vanitha Reddy, Mr Sridhar Talanki and all other Telugu people in Denver. The function was graced and inspired by the messages of Sri Nadendla Manohar, Deputy Speaker of AP Assembly and Dr Gurava Reddy, Chairman, Sunshine Hospitals.

I had an opportunity to inspire the audience for the fundraiser. I shared my childhood experiences about the surgical eye camps in rural villages and the pathetic state of poorest of the poor in AP regarding cataract problems. I performed for almost one and half hours. The fundraiser was successful with humanitarian contributions of $117000.

Now I can see the future sight of many unfortunate children of our country….
Thanks to all the donors those who contributed.
Is there any better worship than serving humanity??????
With utmost satisfaction I proceeded to Dallas for another fundraiser for the flood victims of Andhra Pradesh.
The fundraiser was organized by Nats Dallas team.

Initially I was hesitant to go to the show, because it was organized by the young team members of Nats at a very short notice.
Surprisingly I found auditorium packed with 700 audiences. We gave a befitting presentation on the scenario of Floods in AP. I narrated about my contribution and participation in the flood relief mission in AP.
I sang the Ghazal that was written by Sirasri to support the flood victims.
“Anuraagam Nuvvaithey ammavai kadaliraa
Attmeeyatha nuvvaithey annavai kadalliraa”

I requested audience to become an embodiment of their choice to serve the needy as “clothes, food, shelter, solace, care and share”.

Dallas community did not disappoint me and they contributed nearly $20000 for this war footing service mission. Salutations to Dallas people….

Will there be in any better cause than this? Helping and serving the needy!!!

Then I proceeded to New Jersey for Nats Kick off meet for NJ Nats conference 2011.It was very well organized and there was an overwhelming response from NJ , NY Philadelphia telugus.
During the fundraiser I explained the goals of Nats for the culture and welfare of telugus in North America and their other humanitarian services.

I sang heart throbbing ghazals. Every sentence of my ghazal and its essence was greatly received by the audience. Almost $300000 was raised for the upcoming community service programs of Nats.

I returned to India on 4th of November 09 with soulful satisfaction.

Ten days of my visit to USA was really worth its while.
It has given me great satisfaction and hope for my future concerts for the cause of peace

Will there be any better pilgrimage than
Touring for humanity and helping needy???!!!!

కామెంట్‌లు లేవు:

కామెంట్‌ను పోస్ట్ చేయండి

ప్రముఖ పోస్ట్‌లు

Copy Right

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape