29, అక్టోబర్ 2009, గురువారం

Dr Ghazal Srinivas's Peace mission to Afghanistan

“Peace in Afghanistan will pave way to World Peace”

- Dr Ghazal Srinivas

My First Step...

My visit to Afghanistan has been a long cherished dream since my childhood. I have heard a lot about Afghanistan, its glorious history, culture and social life. My visit to Pakistan in 2006 inspired me a great deal towards the need for Peace and Harmony in the world, mainly in Asia. To spread the message of Peace and Love, I took the Path of Gandhian Philosophy of Satyagraha.

Message of Peace which I believed, I have written in the form a song in my native language, Telugu and later got it translated into 100 world languages and I sang all of them, created a new Guinness World Record. During the recording of the songs in Dari and Pashto, and Balochi, I made up my mind that I should visit Afghanistan and perform these songs of peace for the people of Afghanistan. Thanks to Mr Hamid Reza, of Kandahar who translated the song into Dari and Pashto.

It was during my chatting with my childhood friend, Mr PVV Ramaraju, a senior in the college, now working as CEO of Maiwandbank of Afghanistan, requested me to visit Afghanistan and perform for Indians. I felt so happy and thanked him for the invitation. I told him that I would not come as an artist; I would like to visit Afghanistan as a Peace Activist and Singer. Later, he called me and said that he wanted to organize an Indo-Afghan friendship concert. I felt very happy and said “make arrangements”. Within two days they sent the invitation from Maiwandbank inviting me as Guest of Honor for their celebrations of Ed and Peace.

I informed them that I would perform a peace concert by singing the Gandhian Philosophy of Satyagraha as songs in Dari, Pashto and Balochi languages.

I left for Delhi on 17th Sep 2009 and applied for the Visa; I got it on same day. I explained about my Peace Mission in Afghanistan to the dignitaries of Consulate of Afghanistan. They congratulated me on my mission and also the songs that I composed in their local languages.

As soon as I reached Hyderabad, my friends, relatives, fans, wellwishers discouraged my decision to visit Afghanistan on Peace Mission. They were very unhappy and requested me not go to Afghanistan because situation is very bad. I explained to them that “situation is not good that is why that great country needs a peace message from artists like me”. I have received a flood of phone calls from all my fans all over the world expressing their concern for me. But many of my followers felt so excited about my decision. I know that I would risk my life. Taking the Message of Peace to Afghanistan, a dangerous territory, is a Herculean task. But I have the courage of my convictions which won over their apprehensions.

At the Destination…

I was well received by Mr Rama Raju ,CEO Maiwandbank, Mr Siva Prasad, IO Global Solutions at Kabul International Airport on 23 sep.

As soon as I landed, I was shocked to notice lots of security men for every quarter kilometer holding AK 47 and latest weapons in their hands. Even in the airport I found lots of US Army and Air Force aircrafts, staff. Suddenly, I had a feeling, if I landed in the US!, watching so much of security force in Kabul.

I found lots of Private Security staff for many VIPs and opulent People at their houses with latest weapons.

I was given an accommodation in a Guest House with all Indian facilities like TV Channels, Indian Food and Pickles and so on.

I met Dr Fraidoon Noorjad, Chairman of Maiwandbank and discussed the 25th concert arranged by them. He introduced me to many Local VIPs.

Salaam Bugo…

I gave a concert on 25th of September in a private hall organized by Maiwandbank during their Ed and Peace day celebrations. I found almost two thousand Afghan citizens in the audience Gallery with a galaxy of VIPs and a crew of Media. I felt this should be a good opportunity to sing the songs that I composed in Dari, Pashto, Balochi languages. Prior to my show famous Afghan singer, Mrs Hangama entertained them in local languages. But I noticed audience waiting for my performance. At 3pm I began the performance. I sang a few Hindi, Urdu Ghazals and the songs that I composed on the Philosophy of Mahatama Gandhi in Dari, Pashto, Balochi, Italian languages. I composed a song in Dari Language on the glory of Afghanistan with help of a Guest House cook. I concluded my concert with the song on the glory of Afghanistan. After listening to the song ‘Salaam Bugo”, all two thousand audience gave a standing ovation to me. It was a great honor in my life. I emotionally kissed the holy sand of Afghanistan by remembering its history and relationship with our great India. My audio album “Doosti-Sol” (Peace songs in Dari, Pashto, Balochi, Urdu and Hindi languages), dedicated to Indo-Afghan friendship, was released by Dr Fraideen Noorjad ji, Chairman, Maiwandbank.

My way of rendering, message of the songs were highly appreciated by eminent people, Artists, Critics and Media. I should be thankful to the musicians of Afghanistan for their timely and befitting musical support.

Life in Afghan...

I started talking and enquiring with Afghans about their way of life. Dari and Pashto languages are widely spoken by Afghans. I found many Afghans were not showing interest in basic education too. They want to work for a few hours, earn money and enjoy. Many of them are working as Security men, Guards, Police, Drivers, Guest House Managers etc. I was surprised to know that they are paid in US Dollars.

I noticed that they are family persons, spending time with their families . They are completely Non-vegetarians.

They express so much of love and friendship for India. Many of them watch our Hindi TV serials, cinemas etc. I came to know that Hindi TV serial “Tulasi” has been dubbed into Dari language, and telecast in Afghanistan. It has highest viewership rating in Afghanistan. I have seen Hindi Pictures running in Kabul local film theatres.

Their culture is very similar to our culture. There is a lot of transformation taking place in Afghanistan. I noticed Women going to colleges for studies, wearing jeans, colourful dresses. Afghan women are serving the Govt. and also many institutions at higher level posts. In villages I observed that women wear Blue color Burakha and have minimum six to seven children around.

Stronger Bonding...

I had been to Cdr Masood Foundation to talk about service activities. I met Dr Faroojuddin, CEO and former minister for health. We discussed an MOU between Masood Foundation and Ghazal Charitable Trust to work on Health, Education, Peace, Women empowerment in Afghanistan.

I met His Excellency Sri Jayant Prasad, Ambassador of India in Afghanistan in his Residence. He has given me the appointment and I thanked him for his nice gesture. I have explained to him about my visit to Afghanistan on Peace Mission and role of Maiwandbank.

He was thrilled to know about my achievements and over whelmed with happiness. I presented my brochure and Doosti-Sol audio album to His Excellency.

Spreading Message...

By the advise of His Excellency Mr Jayant Prasad, I have received an invitation from Nelson Mandela Foundation of Peace from India, requesting me to participate and perform on 2nd October 2009 in Afghan-India-Pakistan women Peace conference in Kabul.

I accepted the great opportunity and performed in Dari, Pashto, and Urdu and Hindi languages at the inaugural meeting. The conference was well attended by delegates from Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, USA etc. I conveyed the message of Mahatma Gandhi’s Satyagraha Philosophy. I invited representatives of the three nations and presented my audio album ‘Doosti-sol” to them as token of peace and friendship.

In the evening at the Indian Embassy Auditorium with Afghan musicians I performed for Indians, Afghan and Pakistani audience the concert Organized by Indian Embassy. I gave a musical tribute to Mahatma Gandhiji in many world languages. Audience from various states of India requested me to sing in their respective languages. I sang the message song of Gandhi in Kashmiri , Punjabi, Haryanvi, Bhojpuri, Hindi, Urdu, Maarwaadi, Himachali, Tamil, Malayalam, Dari, Pashto, English, Italian, Spanish, Bengali, Telugu and many other languages. Auditorium has been a mini India with full of Indian spirit. I presented a few Hindi and Urdu Ghazals written by Sri Ravikanth Anmol, Munthaz Rasheed, Rohit Jain etc. At the end of the concert, I presented “Charminar memento’ to His Excellency. I was honored with Karzai Suit, and Masood Cap by the fans. I appealed to the audience about the need of peace in Afghanistan and role of Indians, those who are living in Afghanistan. His Excellency honored Mr Hamid Reza of Kandahar, the translator of the songs in Dari and Pashto languages.

His Excellency invited me for a Special Dinner arranged at his official Residence in the honor of Smt Saeed Ahmed, member Planning Commission of India. Many Ambassadors, Ministers, VIPs were present. His Excellency requested me to present a few Ghazals at well arranged mehfil. I presented a few nice songs in Dari, Pashto, Urdu languages.

I have been invited by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan to perform in International Non-Violence Conference at Baghe-Babur in Kabul on 4th Oct 2009 evening 7pm. I presented the songs with the message of Peace and Non-violence in Dari and Urdu languages. The Conference was attended by dignitaries from Iran, Iraq, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Tajikistan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India and many. The venue was awesome in the full moon and I visited the tomb of the great Emperor BABUR.

During my visit to Afghanistan I met and presented the audio CD “Doosti-Sol” to Dr Abdulla Abdulla, founder of Abdulla party, Foreign Minister Dr. Rangeen Dadfar Spanta, minister for Higher Education Dr M Azam Dadfar, Husn Bano Ghazanfar, honorable minister for women and child welfare, Afghanistan, Dr Manoj Basnyat, UNO Country Director, Prof Geo Afghan A Rahman Ashraf, minister , Senior adviser, Abdul Qadeer Firat, Governor , Central Bank, French Ambassador Dr Jea d’ Amecourt, Famous Afghan singer Hangama, General Gia, Security Adviser Baba Jaan, Ambassadors of Various Nations and International NGO’s like Asia Foundation, Hope etc. They all appreciated and congratulated me on the efforts that I am making for the Peace process in Afghanistan with songs of Peace and Music

Need of the Hour...

I wanted to go to Kandahar and also make a peace walk in Kabul; many Diplomats, and Afghans did not encourage me to do so. That was the only thing I could not do during my visit.

I expressed

with many that one should work for the peace only in the path of Non-violence. I told them one can win a land with violence but not the hearts of the people. I felt Afghanistan has been experiencing the War for more than 4 decades. No one bothered about their progress and development. Death is no more a calamity in their view; such is the resolute state of mind of the people there.

We have to give them Love and Empathy. We have to give them the Empowerment. We have to show them a world with Peace, Humanity and a beautiful tomorrow for their Kids. Afghans are very hospitable, courteous and loyal.

I had been to the universities and addressed the students. They want to work for their country for its Peace and Harmony. They have so many dreams and they want to achieve them with having faith in humanity, peace and brotherhood.

Afghanistan needs lots of support from Health care institutions, various NGOs. I have seen people those who were wounded, physically disabled during the war and various bomb blasts. Saddest specter was I saw the deserted war tanks once rang the death knell in their lives. The brown earth seemed to become purple with blood of the innocent Afghans, who have been victimized by war.

Bomb blasts are no more a threat to them, They all made up their mind in such a way that death is an everyday affair. I said in one of my concerts “The Peace in Afghanistan will pave the way for World Peace”

A few of Afghans in our close meetings appreciatively said’ Dr Ghazal Srinivas ‘s efforts for peace in this country are laudable. Every Afghan will appreciate his selfless mission in Afghanistan. Many nations arrived into our country for the peace with weapons and tankers. But Ghazal Srinivas arrived with songs of peace. We need his songs very much. All Afghans will give thought to Srinivas’ Peace message.

I remembered a few of a poem I read:

'Breathes there the man, with soul so dead

who never to himself hath said.

This is my own, my native land!'

Encomiums

As a token of appreciation I have received for my Peace Mission to Afghanistan, I quote a few e-mails I have received from the dignitaries

Dear Friend Dr. Ghazal:

It was pleasure meeting you and hope you enjoyed your trip to Kabul. Every one is really pleased and thankful for your peace and non-violence massages. As you know after three decades of war and devastation , we need to cultivate and promote the culture of peace and democracy in the country and will take time to do so, but your Ghazal and inspiration will motivate us to expedite the process of peace building. So I wish you health , happiness and patience in order to have your time to time inspiration .

Best of luck,

Feroz

CEO Masood Foundation

Former minister for Health

Afghanistan

Dear Dr. Ghazal Srinivas,

Sallam And billion Sallam from MoHE Kabul Afghanistan:

It was nice meeting you in Kabul, Afghanistan in Indian Embassy. As you mentioned Afghan people are kind perhaps Indians are kind also and we are having good contacts in every Field with them and I appreciate their help in every section.

I really appreciate your great work for peace process in Afghanistan.

Inshallah we will be waiting for you again in Afghanistan and thanks from your nice and kind words.

Hope you will have joyful and restful life in your country.

Minister of Higher Education

Kabul, Afghanistan

--- Thank you Dr. Srinivas for your good wishes.

I wanted to let you know how much your ode to Afghanistan was appreciated by the Afghan Foreign Minister, Dr. Rangeen Dadfar Spanta, and all his guests assembled at the Bagh-e-Babur on 4th October evening, under the full moon! It was a fitting finale to the Conference convened by the Afghan Ministry of Foreign Affairs to commemorate the International Day of Non-Violence.

Your performance in Indian Embassy and also at Women’s Peace conference on 2nd of October touched the hearts of audience. your selfless mission is highly appreciated by people of Afghanistan. The path of Music and songs that you have chosen for Peace Process in Afghanistan is highly laudable.

We shall look forward to seeing you here again.

with warm regards,

Jayant Prasad.

Ambassador of India in Afghanistan

Bravo Indians…

During my stay in Kabul I had been to “Asamayee temple” and had darshan of Durga Mathaa and also Lord Shiva. The traditional Poojari, Mr Narendra Sarma told me that this temple was built five thousand years ago. He said lakhs of pilgrims used to visit this temple in yester years but now hardly anyone seen here in this premises.

Many Indians are working in Afghanistan at various levels. But I have to salute to them for their great bold heart. Life in Afghanistan is just 'every minute bonus'. Leaving their families in motherland and working in a country, branded as 'danger zone' is a great courageous act and hard task also.

I am happy that I met many musicians of Afghanistan, people, poets very closely and understood their emotions, sentiments and feelings. Many peace activists approached me and showed their willingness to work with me on peace process in Afghanistan in coming future.

For my next visit in 2010 to Afghanistan, I will be going with a great epic audio and video album “Afghan Vatan Salaam Bugo’ in Dari language. It will portrait the hope and dreams of the children of Afghanistan for their country and its progress.

I felt very happy after having an MOU between Maiwandbank and my Ghazal Charitable Trust to give support to Afghans on Medical care and Empowerment.

I had received dry fruits as gifts from local fans to carry with me to India.

Heartfelt Thanks…

I should be thankful to Mr PVV Rama Raju, CEO Maiwandbank, Mr Murali Reddy and Mr Siva Prasad of IO Global solutions, Mr Ajay and His Excellency for supporting my Peace mission in Afghanistan. I should be grateful to Dr Noorjad ji and Kam Airlines for their participation in the mission. I am happy that thousands of Doosti-Sol Cds have been distributed in Afghanistan and now my songs on peace are resonating in the hearts of the Afghans.

I take this opportunity to share with you that Afghanistan Indian Association has contributed Rs 2-50 Lakhs for the Flood victims of Andhra Pradesh. We have decided that amount to be spent for distribution of Sarees and Blankets at Kotikalapudi village of Krishna District. Hats off to Indians in Afghanistan.

Now, Afghanistan is no more a strange country to me. I won so many friends and fans. Though there are critical living conditions in Afghanistan, still there is ray of hope for a peaceful tomorrow.

With lots of happiness and soulful determination for the Peace in the world I returned to India on 5th of Oct 09.

My Mission to Afghanistan is not completed. I made a few first steps on the Afghan land. There is a Long way to go for the Peace. Peace is not a statement to say or to write, Peace is way of Life, Journey, Nature and a RELIGION.

Mission Continues...

My foot steps and songs, words and wealth, vision and wisdom always think about Peace in the world. My Journey to Afghanistan added a new dimension to my thought process for the World Peace.

If peace is our dream, why weapons in our hands???!!! If peace is our hope, why Bombs in our armory??? Bread or Bomb?

I wish we would see a better tomorrow in Afghanistan...

I am waiting for a beautiful and peaceful sunshine in Afghanistan..

Dreaming to go back to meet my brothers and sisters of Afghanistan soon…

I muse, recalling wonderful lines of a verse...

'And there's another country. I've heard of long ago,

Most dear to them that love her, most great to them that know;

We may not count her armies, we may not see her king;

Her fortress is a faithful heart, her Pride is suffering,

And soul by soul and silently her shining bounds increase,

And her ways are ways of gentleness and all her paths are peace...

Yes! I am here in India, but my message of peace and Love, Humanity and Harmony is dwelling in the hearts of the Afghans. Marks of my Peace Mission in Afghanistan are quiet visible in the hope of the young generation of Afghans.

I went, I saw, I was conquered by the love of Afghans

Just waiting for 2010 to come and drive me and my eight years old daughter Sanskrithi towards a great Land of Love and Hospitality to sing the Peace

“ peace is eternal “

Bye

Dr Ghazal Srinivas

www.ghazalsrinivas.com

098490 13697

కామెంట్‌లు లేవు:

కామెంట్‌ను పోస్ట్ చేయండి

ప్రముఖ పోస్ట్‌లు

Copy Right

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape